The congress follows the invitation by the International Commission on Stratigraphy (ICS) of the International Union of Geological Sciences (IUGS) to be held in Graz (Austria), July 19-23, 2015. The congress will be open to all topics in stratigraphy. The technical program will range from the Archean to the Holocene, across all techniques and applications of stratigraphy and the discoveries that the stratigraphic record reveals about the Earth system. In addition, it will also serve as the primary venue for ICS business, for ICS subcommissions to meet and awarding the ICS stratigraphy prizes.
- Executive members: Werner E. Piller (email@example.com), Syvain Richoz (firstname.lastname@example.org), Georg Stegmüller (email@example.com)
- University of Graz: Werner E. Piller, Sylvain Richoz, Bernhard Hubmann, Walter Kurz, Gerald Auer, Angela Garcia-Gallardo, Georg Stegmüller
- Universalmuseum Joanneum, Graz: Bernd Moser, Ingomar Fritz, Martin Gross
- Geological Survey of Austria, Vienna: Ralf Schuster, Jürgen M. Reitner
- University of Vienna: Michael Wagreich
- University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences, Vienna: Markus Fiebig
DeadlinesAbstract submission: deadline 24 April 2015
Workshop registration: deadline 30 June 2015
The official language of the congress is English and it is expected that authors are able to present their research in adequate English language.